- Cancun time zone is five hours earlier than Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
- The official currency in Cancun is the Mexican peso but American dollars are also widely accepted.
- Banks are open Monday-Friday from 9am to 4pm but there are exchange houses found all over Cancun that are open much later.
- The official language spoken in Cancun is Spanish.
- Most of the Mexicans working in the tourism industry speak English and you will find that French, Italian and German are also spoken by some.
- Many of the local indigenous people still speak Mayan as their first language and Spanish as their second, you will often hear them speaking Mayan amongst themselves.
- The average tip for service is 10-15% and one or two dollars per suitcase carried. Always check your bill first as tips may already be included.
- The standard Cancun electricity supply is 110 volts.
- Hotels usually offer voltage converters for 220 volt devices.
- Many sockets do not accept polarized or three-prong plugs so it is recommended that you bring your own adapter but you can usually buy these in the hotel shop.
- July is one of the hottest months of the year for Cancun. Remember to stay hydrated, and to bring mosquito repellent and sunscreen.
Book your airport-hotel transfer service
All participants to ALife XV may have a discount by booking online with Royal DMC and using the coupon code: PROMOXV10.
Free transportation to the banquet dinner will be provided by the same company.