- March 29, 2020 Our 2021 shared task has officially concluded. Stay tuned for the overview paper!
- March 14, 2021 Deadline for paper and shared task submission extended due to 20th of March!
- February 16, 2021 If you are a junior researcher and would like help with your paper, sign up for our mentoring program (in English or Spanish)
- January 1, 2021 The training sets and a simple baseline for the Shared Task are available on our GitHub repository!
- December 22, 2020 The languages featured in AmericasNLP 2021 Shared Task are now listed on our website!
- December 16, 2020 Shared Task, description, pilot data and evaluation script are online.
- December 6, 2020 The call for papers is now online! We include also an English and Spanish version.
- December 6, 2020 Our web page is finally online!
The First Workshop on NLP for Indigenous Languages of the Americas (AmericasNLP) will be co-located with the 2021 Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL-HLT 2021), which is currently scheduled to be held in Mexico City, Mexico, from June 6th to June 11th, 2021. AmericasNLP will take place on June 11th. The goal of the workshop is to encourage and increase the visibility of work on indigenous languages of the Americas. It aims to encourage research on NLP, computational linguistics, corpus linguistics and speech for indigneous languages, to connect researchers and professionals from underrepresented communities and native speakers of endangered languages with the ACL community, and, more generally, to promote machine learning approaches suitable for low-resource languages.
Start of the anonymity period: February 15, 2021 Submission deadline (all submission types): March 15, 2021Extended: March 20, 2021
- Notification of acceptance: April 15, 2021
- Camera ready papers due: April 26, 2021
- Workshop: June 11, 2021
- All deadlines are 11.59 pm UTC -12h.